9/5/11

Fast Craft: Bracelets in 5 minutes

My daughter is obsessed with bracelets. It started when my husband came home wearing an event wristband that was colorered like a rainbow and must have looked especially nice to a 16-month old. The wristband came off daddy and quickly became her accessory of choice. She loved it and i was comsidering making her a rainbow friendship bracelet like I made way back when (high school) but was hesitant to put that much time/effort into something that might get easily lost...

Then, while rummaging through my ribbon collection I found some wide, stretchy trim and I thought, "ah ha, perfect bracelet material!" So I measured my daughters wrists, cut the ribbon, folded it in half and started sewing. One reinforced straight seam, a zigzag and a quick trim later equaled one bracelet down, one to go. I literally whipped these out in less than five minutes. Honestly, its taken longer to write about them then it did to make them! This is particularly great considering one is already MIA.



These are the perfect toddler accessory. She can take them on and off herself, and they look especially stylish when feeding the fish. And because they are so easy and inexpensive to make I'm not worried about losing or breaking them. Hey, I may just make a pair for myself... I'll be back in 5-minutes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment