8/8/11

DIY Play Kitchen - Step One - The Doppelgänger!

I'm making my daughter a play kitchen for Christmas. My budget is $30.
I'm going to walk you through each step as I do it. I've had the idea for a while but Christmas seems so far away. Oh wait, it's August! I guess my last-minute shopping won't work as well with something I'm trying to make on the cheap... So here we go, Step One:

Acquire the piece of furniture you will be converting. Usually an old entertainment cabinet of some sort. A few weeks ago I found a lightly used cabinet on craigslist for free, and decided it would be perfect. That evening I was browsing the web and I found the EXACT cabinet converted to a play kitchen (see below). The exact cabinet, the same day. Weird. But also kind of cool. Now I have to make sure mine isn't a too similar :)

Step One complete. Total Cost = $0

Step Two coming soon.

Source: flickr.com via Sage on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment